Aguadilla offers some of the top attractions the west of Puerto Rico, but finding where to stay in Aguadilla will depend on what you’ll be doing in the city.
I’m a Puerto Rico local that visits Aguadilla frequently, so I know the advantages and disadvantages of staying in different areas there. To help you out, I’ve put together this guide to everything you need to know about staying in Aguadilla.
We’ll break down all the best neighborhoods to stay in Aguadilla, but first, let’s start with the best places to stay.
Oh, and if you’re looking for stuff to do, be sure to bookmark my guide to what to do in Aguadilla.
Table of Contents
- Best Places to Stay in Aguadilla
- 4 Best Neighborhoods & Areas to Stay in Aguadilla
- Tips for Staying in Aguadilla
Disclosure: Travel Lemming is an independent reader-supported blog. You can support us by purchasing via the affiliate links on this page, which may earn us commissions. Thank you!
Best Places to Stay in Aguadilla
Just looking for a quick answer on the best places to stay in Aguadilla? Here are my top picks:
- 🌟 Best Overall Hotel – Courtyard by Marriot Aguadilla
- 🍸 Best Luxury Hotel – Villa Montaña Beach Resort
- 👪 Best for Families – Courtyard by Marriot Aguadilla
- 💻 Best for Business – Courtyard by Marriot Aguadilla
- ⛵ Best Near Crash Boat – Parador El Faro
- 🛏️ Best Budget – Parador El Faro
Ok, let’s dive into the best areas and neighborhoods in Aguadilla:
4 Best Neighborhoods & Areas to Stay in Aguadilla
Aguadilla is a city on the west side of Puerto Rico with pristine beaches and spectacular sunsets that invite couples to a romantic getaway. The city also offers fun family-friendly experiences like bowling, horseback riding, and boat tours. Aguadilla is divided into 16 different neighborhoods as you can see on this map. Let’s look at some of the best places to stay for your vacation.
👉 Best Area For Beach Lovers | ✨ Best Borinquen Hotels: Parador El Faro
Borinquen is one of the best neighborhoods in Aguadilla for beach lovers. Located on the coast of Aguadilla, Borinquen features three of the most popular beaches in the city (actually, some of the best beaches in all of Puerto Rico): Crash Boat Beach, La Ruina Beach, and Peña Blanca Beach.
Surfers and other water sports lovers will also love this area for easy access to the water.
Pros of Staying in Borinquen:
- Close to the beach
- Lots of restaurants
- Close to the airport
Cons of Staying in Borinquen:
- Crowded beaches during the high season
- Hotels can be pricey
📚 Borinquen Mini Guide 📚
Best Area to Stay for Beach Lovers
- ✨ Best Hotels – Parador El Faro
- 🏠 Apartments – Browse Top Rentals in Borinquen
- 🍽️ Where to Eat – Desecheo ($$), Arepas To Go ($$), El Padrino’s Pizza & Restaurant ($)
- 🍸 Where to Drink – Set the Bar, Rompeolas Bar & Grill
- 🎟️ Top Attractions – Crash Boat Beach, Punta Borinquen Lighthouse Ruins, Borinquen Beach
👉 Need ideas for what to do on your trip? Don’t miss the best activities in Aguadilla.
Maleza Baja is one of the best places to stay in Aguadilla if you want to stay close to the airport but still be next to the coast. Besides having one of the few airports in Puerto Rico that receives flights from the United States, Maleza Baja is home to Survival Beach, a bowling center, and a skating park, car rental locations, and some of the best Aguadilla hotels. The Courtyard by Marriott Aguadilla in this area features a kids’ waterpark and a casino, and is a good place to stay in Aguadilla for families.
Pros of Staying in Maleza Baja:
- Close to the beach
- Close to the airport and car rentals
- Variety of Aguadilla hotels and rental apartments
Cons of Staying in Maleza Baja:
- Few restaurants and bars
- Isolated from other main attractions
📚 Maleza Baja Mini Guide 📚
Best Area to Stay for Transportation
- ✨ Best Hotels – Courtyard by Marriot Aguadilla • Punta Borinquen Resort
- 🏠 Apartments – Browse Top Rentals in Maleza Baja
- 🍽️ Where to Eat – Malo es Na’ ($$), El Sión ($), Levain Artisan Breads & Bakery ($$)
- 🍸 Where to Drink – 300 Lounge, Jetblast Bar and Grill
- 🎟️ Top Attractions – Survival Beach, Punta Borinquen Lighthouse Ruins, Punta Borinquen Golf Club
👉 Traveling around Puerto Rico? Read my list of the top things you can do in Puerto Rico here.
Every city’s town center in Puerto Rico is full of charm, vibrant colors, restaurants, and small shops, and Aguadilla’s city center is no exception. Aguadilla Pueblo is a top place to explore attractions within walking distance like Rompeolas Beach. Although most popular hotels in Aguadilla are in Punta Borinquen, you will find great apartment rentals and hostels like Medusas Hostel within the center of the city.
Pros of Staying in Aguadilla Pueblo:
- Lots of restaurants and bars
- Beach within walking distance
- Walkable area
- Close to Aguada
Cons of Staying in Aguadilla Pueblo:
- Far from the main beaches
- There aren’t any top-rated hotels in the area
📚 Aguadilla Pueblo Mini Guide 📚
Best Area to Stay for Walking
- 🏠 Apartments – Browse Top Rentals in Aguadilla Pueblo
- 🍽️ Where to Eat – Peña Blanca ($$), Sal De Mar Restaurant & Rooftop Bar ($$), Donostia Food & Wine ($$-$$$)
- 🍸 Where to Drink – Timber & Blues, El Varadero’s Pub
- 🎟️ Top Attractions – El Parterre, Rompeolas Beach, Casas de Colores Pintalto
📚 Bookmark for later: Is Puerto Rico safe?
If you’re planning to visit Isabela, Moca, and Aguadilla, Ceiba Baja is a great location to stay. Located in the south, this neighborhood is the principal entrance to Aguadilla through the main #2 street and it’s surrounded by Moca and Isabela, which means you can easily visit these two cities. Even if they are a few minutes away from the beach, apartment rentals in the area go as low as $79 per night.
Pros of Staying in Ceiba Baja:
- Close to other cities too
- Cheaper apartment rentals
- Close to the main avenue
Con of Staying in Ceiba Baja:
- Far from the beach
📚 Ceiba Baja Mini Guide 📚
Best Area to Stay for City Hopping
- 🏠 Apartments – Browse Top Rentals in Ceiba Baja
- 🍽️ Where to Eat – Bebo’s Pinchos ($), Pizzeria Pellot ($$), Rincón del Viajero ($$)
- 🍸 Where to Drink – Mambo’s Bar & Lounge, Bar 2, El Varadero’s Pub
- 🎟️ Top Attractions – Taíno Mini Golf, Crash Boat Beach, Survival Beach
📚 Don’t miss: Best Places to Visit in Puerto Rico
Tips for Staying in Aguadilla
Stay Close to the Beach
Aguadilla’s main attractions are the beautiful beaches that adorn the coast of the city. If you’re a beach lover visiting Aguadilla, you should pick a place to stay that’s close to the beach so you can either spend the day bathing in the sun, swimming, or doing watersports.
Visit During the Summer
Although the summer is the high season for the locals, it’s definitely the best season for calmer tides. The beaches of the west aren’t always safe for swimming during winter. See my full guide to the best months to visit Puerto Rico for more information.
Or Visit During Winter for Fewer Crowds
If you’re a surfer, choose to visit in the winter instead. Beaches like Punta Borinquen and Survival Beach are some of the locals’ favorite spots for surfing. During these months, popular beaches like Crash Boat Beach are also less crowded.
Rent a Car
During your visit to Aguadilla, you’ll need to rent a car to move around freely. There is public transportation in Aguadilla, but schedules are irregular and the Guagua Pública drivers don’t speak English. You can use Discover Cars to find a great deal on your rental car.
👉 Local Tip: Renting a car is your best way to move around Puerto Rico, so you should rent it with time to get a great deal. Don’t miss my complete guides on how to rent a car and how to drive in Puerto Rico to get around like a local.
Know Your Spanish
Even if Aguadilla is one of the most tourist-friendly cities of Puerto Rico, you won’t find as many English speakers as in San Juan. If you’re planning on staying in the city for a few days, a few Spanish phrases will come in handy to ask for directions and recommendations.
Check out more of my top tips for visiting Puerto Rico like a pro!
Look for the Extra Amenities
If you want to save during your stay, you should search for the best hotel deals and extra amenities. Most hotels in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico offer spacious rooms, free wifi, laundry facilities, an outdoor pool, and breakfast for the same price per night. You can use the filters on your booking platform to find them.
👉 Read Next: The Best Areas to Stay in Rincon
Try Rental Apartments
There aren’t as many options of hotels in Aguadilla as there are in San Juan, which is why you should consider apartment rentals for staying in the city. You will find apartments not only on the coast but also in the interior of the city, both luxurious and simple, so you can choose the one that fits best your taste. You can use search VRBO’s Aguadilla page to find great apartment rentals.
You’ve reached the end of the best areas to stay in Aguadilla.