Here’s the deal: I personally scoped out dozens of the best hotels in Valladolid, Mexico to build this epic guide to exactly where to stay in Valladolid for every type of traveler. I travel the world full time, but 70 countries later, Valladolid, Mexico is still among my favorite places on the planet.
My blog is the Internet’s #1 guide to Valladolid travel. So I go back, at least annually, and personally tour all the new Valladolid hotels since my last visit. I photograph them, meet the owners and staff, and rank them in this list to help you find the best place to stay. You can trust my recommendations because I’m the Valladolid travel expert!
In fact, I even once got the entire town of Valladolid to help me make this quick video showing off why Valladolid is so special:
I hope that made you excited for your trip! Now let’s find you a hotel:
No time to read up on all 23 Valladolid hotels? Here are four “can’t-miss” places to stay:
- 🏆 Best Hotel Overall – Real Hispano
- ✨ Best Boutique – Colonté Hotel Origen
- 🛏️ Best Historic Hotel – Hotel Posada San Juan
- ✨ Best Luxury Hotel – Le Muuch Hotel
- 👪 Best Family Hotel – Meson del Marques
- 🛎️ Best Mid-range Hotel – Casa San Roque
- 💵 Best Budget Hotel – Quinta Marciala Hotel
Table of Contents
- 22 Best Hotels in Valladolid, Mexico
- 1. Real Hispano (Best Hotel Overall)
- 2. Colonté Hotel Origen (Best Boutique)
- 3. Hotel Waye (Modern Hotel in Valladolid)
- 4. Hotel Posada San Juan (Historic Boutique Hotel)
- 5. Le Muuch Hotel (Tulum-Luxury in Valladolid)
- 6. Quinta Marciala Hotel (Best Budget Hotel)
- 7. Hotel Zentik Project (Best Luxury Hotel + Cave Pool!)
- 8. Hotel Meson del Marques (Perfect Valladolid Hotel for Families)
- 9. Hotel Mayan Majesty (Boutique Hotel)
- 10. Casa Hipil (Valladolid Hotel for Style on a Budget)
- 11. Saastah Hotel Boutique (Best Location in Valladolid)
- 12. Cenotes Cabanas Suytun (Best Place to Stay for Cenotes)
- 13. Casa Tia Micha (Colonial Style Valladolid Hotel)
- 14. Casa Marlene (Best Vintage Valladolid Hotel)
- 15. Casa Quetzal Boutique Hotel (Traditional House and Courtyard)
- 16. Ecotel Quinta Regia (Great for Families)
- 17. Casa San Roque (Mid-Range Modern Hotel)
- 18. Hotel Casa Rosario (Budget Hotel)
- 19. Hotel Casa Bamboo (Budget Hotel with Pool)
- 20. Hotel Hacienda Margot (Budget Hotel in Valladolid)
- 21. Hostel Candelaria (Top Valladolid Hostel)
- 22. Hotel Casa Margarita (Modern Budget Guesthouse)
- 23. Hostel Tunich Naj (Popular Valladolid Hostel)
- FAQs About Where to Stay in Valladolid, Mexico
Disclosure: Travel Lemming is an independent reader-supported blog. You can support us by purchasing via the affiliate links on this page, which may earn us commissions. Thank you!
22 Best Hotels in Valladolid, Mexico
Valladolid is a small compact town, which means that just about anywhere is the best area to stay in Valladolid (you can actually walk the length of the entire town). From high end luxury resorts to historic boutique hotels, you’ll find it all in Valladolid. And the best part is that they are all incredibly affordable – even the luxury hotels!
1. Real Hispano (Best Hotel Overall)
This is the newest hotel in Valladolid and also my new favorite. A local family recently renovated this former convent and turned it into the absolutely gorgeous Real Hispano hotel. The hotel features a refreshing pool in its courtyard, hammocks and loungers, a large restaurant, free parking, and immaculately clean rooms.
Best of all, Real Hispano is located right in the center of Valladolid, just half a block from the main square. But, because of its courtyard design, it’s still quiet on the inside. My partner Clara and I recently visited and we loved the comfortable beds, large showers, and the fantastic roof with views of the main cathedral.
With rooms starting from around $50 per night on Booking.com, it’s a fantastic way to add some affordable luxury to your stay in Valladolid.
- 📍 Central location just steps from the main square
- 🏊 Beautiful swimming pool with hammocks, loungers, and service from the restaurant
- 📸 Picture-perfect architecture that makes for envy-inducing Instagram photos
2. Colonté Hotel Origen (Best Boutique)
My friend Christopher won’t stop raving about his recent stay at the Colonté Hotel Origen, so of course I had to check it out on my latest visit to Valladolid. And, just, wow … after seeing it for myself, I immediately moved this luxurious boutique up this list as my top overall pick for where to stay in Valladolid. If you just want to book an awesome hotel and get on with trip planning, Colonté Hotel Origen is a sure fire pick.
This awesome little boutique hotel exudes a cozy and relaxing ambiance with a touch of luxury. It’s located literally just one block from the entrance to the main walking street (Calzada de los Frailes). But the courtyard style also means its sheltered from the city noise. Take a dip in the pool or chill out at the stylish bar right next to it. Overall, it is a great hotel with lovely rooms, a beautiful garden, and delicious breakfast. You might even have a hammock hanging in your room!
- 📍 Perfect location for getting around Valladolid on foot
- 🏊 Charming garden pool plus bar, featuring comfortable loungers
- 🍽️ Highly rated garden restaurant serving up breakfast, lunch, and dinner
3. Hotel Waye (Modern Hotel in Valladolid)
Hotel Waye is one of the newest hotels in Valladolid, and it’s a good one if you like staying in hotels with more modern design. This locally-owned hotel is located just a few blocks from Parque Sisal, and about 15 minutes from the center square by foot. The building is two stories, and the second story featuring a medium sized pool plus rooms offering very large balconies.
The rooms at Hotel Waye are super clean and some of the most spacious in Valladolid. The Mayan retro chic design features some truly Instagram-worthy tile work. The beds are comfortable, and the showers are amazing. Plus, the hotel serves an excellent included breakfast.
- 🐶 Pets allowed (get the ground floor junior sweet, for your own private back yard)
- 🚗 Free parking on premises
- ✨ Super modern and clean rooms
4. Hotel Posada San Juan (Historic Boutique Hotel)
Hotel Website | Hotel Phone: +52 985 856 0129 | 👉 Check Prices for Hotel Posada San Juan on Booking
I love this quaint little place. Hotel Posada San Juan is where I personally stayed during my most recent trip to Valladolid (courtesy of the hotel) and is definitely one of the most popular and the highest rated hotels in Valladolid.
Hotel Posada San Juan is set inside this old Spanish colonial style building, has a cute pool and graden in the courtyard and comes with a great breakfast in the morning. If you’re looking for an authentic Mexican experience, this is where to stay in Valladolid.
- 🛏️ Comfortable and well-styled rooms
- 🎨 Located in one of Valladolid’s prettiest streets, featuring beautiful and colorful walls
- 👚 Adorable boutique gift shop at the front that has all sorts of local crafts and clothing for sale
5. Le Muuch Hotel (Tulum-Luxury in Valladolid)
If you’re looking for a little bit of luxury and style, then the Le Muuch Hotel definitely won’t disappoint.
It recently opened this 2019 with very well-designed modern furniture and swanky design that feels like the boho chic hotels in Tulum. Le Muuch’s rooms are named after different places in Mexico. Some suites even have private jacuzzis! It also has two separate pools — the one at the front is near a stylish bar where you can chill out and have a few drinks.
- 📸 Most Instagrammable hotel in Valladolid
- 💑 A great hotel for couples or honeymooners
- 🧹 Super clean and comfortable rooms
6. Quinta Marciala Hotel (Best Budget Hotel)
Hotel Phone: +52 985 100 4113 | 👉 Check Prices for Quinta Marciala Hotel on Booking
If you are looking for where to stay in Valladolid on a budget, this is the best affordable hotel in Valladolid. Quinta Marciala Hotel is located just a few blocks outside downtown Valladolid. You’ll find a charming courtyard and a small swimming pool, making it one of the best hotels in Valladolid for couples or families traveling on a budget.
Quinta Marciala is run by a local family, and the owner Noe is a wonderful person who takes great pride in showing off the city for guests. He’s also currently working on opening an even bigger hotel just a block away, which is sure to be another fantastic budget option when it opens next year.
- 🧹 Comfortable and clean beds
- 👪 Run by a friendly local family (say hi to Noe for me!)
- 💵 Best affordable hotel for those on a budget
7. Hotel Zentik Project (Best Luxury Hotel + Cave Pool!)
One of the most unique luxury hotels I’ve seen is the uber stylish Hotel Zentik Project. It’s an ecological retreat with this absolutely incredible saline cave pool at the bottom of the hotel. Yes, seriously – there is a cave you can swim in right in the hotel!
Zentik Project is also filled with tons of Mayan artwork commissioned by local artists, which really gives it a nice Bohemian vibe. Believe it or not, it even has a nudist area! Don’t worry, it’s pretty unobtrusive if that’s not your thing.
- 🤩 Unbelievably unique cave pool
- 🏊 Hammocks over 2nd above-ground pool
- 🎨 Incredible local artwork
8. Hotel Meson del Marques (Perfect Valladolid Hotel for Families)
Hotel Website | Hotel Phone: +52 985 856 2073 | 👉 Check Prices for Hotel Meson del Marques on Booking
One of the nicer hotels just north of Valladolid’s main square, the Hotel Meson del Marques is probably the most popular place to stay in Valladolid. It has both public sun terrace and private balconies that look out over the square where you’ll love the rooftop views of the cathedral.
Meson del Marque also has a restaurant you definitely need to visit and try out even if you’re not staying in the hotel. The breakfast is highly rated.
- ⛪ Historic ambiance
- 👀 Rooftop cathedral views
📍 Best location in town
- 🏊 Large swimming pool
9. Hotel Mayan Majesty (Boutique Hotel)
One of the newer hotels I recently toured on a visit to Valladolid, Hotel Mayan Majesty has one of the best pools and gardens in town. It’s situated down a quiet back alley street, which means it’s a more peaceful place to rest for the night. Guests love the service level from the friendly staff and the owner Marco (whose family owns this Valladolid boutique). The beds are comfortable and clean, and the fast WiFi and quiet rooms make it a good hotel for remote workers.
The real standout feature of Hotel Mayan Majesty is the indoor/outdoor pool, which is partially covered before opening up into the serene garden courtyard. Just splendid!
- 🏊 Large indoor/outdoor pool
- 💻 Great for remote workers and digital nomads
- 👪 Owned by a friendly local family
10. Casa Hipil (Valladolid Hotel for Style on a Budget)
A great budget to mid-range option (rooms start at $25/night) is Casa Hipil which is conveniently located near the main square. Hotel Casa Hipil has a nice communal kitchen, classic Mexican-style rooms, and lovely garden area. The large upstairs suite makes this Valladolid hotel perfect for families as well. The kids will definitely have a great time playing in the small plunge pool.
- 🧹 Comfortable and super clean beds
- 😀 Relaxed ambiance and super friendly staff
- 📍 Great location
✨Pro tip: ✨ Headed to the Mayan ruins at Chichen Itza? Don’t miss my rundown of the best Chichen Itza tours.
11. Saastah Hotel Boutique (Best Location in Valladolid)
If you want to stay in literally THE best location possible in Valladolid, the fantastic new Saastah Boutique Hotel is an excellent choice. It’s the only hotel on this list actually located directly on Calzada de los Frailes, which is possibly the most beautiful little street in Mexico. If you are unfamiliar with Valladolid, this is the street where you are sure to be spending most of your evenings in Valladolid, as its home to many of the town’s best restaurants, bars, and boutique shops.
The rooms are set in the back, behind the courtyard and pool, so they are peacefully insulated from the noise of the street. The rooms are super clean and modern, many featuring outdoor seating areas. The hotel also features an excellent pool in a tranquil garden. Oh, and the breakfast wins rave reviews from guests.
- 📍 Best possible location in town, right on Calzada de los Frailes!
- 🛎️ Highly rated service from attentive staff
- 🌱 Super green grounds featuring picture-perfect pool
12. Cenotes Cabanas Suytun (Best Place to Stay for Cenotes)
These cabanas are super interesting to stay in because they are located right next to the very famous Suytun Cenote (Yep! That one cenote you see all over Instagram and Pinterest).
Staying here will give you access to the cenote when there aren’t a ton of crowds. Do note that it’s 6 km outside of the main town so it’s best you have your own car or some other means of transport.
- ✔️ Very basic but clean rooms
- 🏊♀️ Set around a nice pool just a short walk from the cenote
- 🍽️ Breakfast included
13. Casa Tia Micha (Colonial Style Valladolid Hotel)
It may look unassuming at first glance, but wait until you get inside the Casa Tia Micha. Fall in love with the colonial style at this boutique hotel, whose atmosphere is so cute you could practically eat it up with a spoon. Enjoy their delicious breakfast in the courtyard come morning time. What’s more, Hotel Casa Tia Micha is a beautiful hidden oasis that is conveniently located in the town center!
- 🙋♂️ Great friendly staff
- 🌿 Beautiful lush gardens
- ☮️ Peaceful and relaxing ambiance
14. Casa Marlene (Best Vintage Valladolid Hotel)
Hotel Phone: +52 985 856 0499 | 👉 Check Prices for Casa Marlene Hotel on Booking
If you’re someone who’s fond of vintage or antique design and décor, then this boutique Valladolid hotel will be right up your alley. Casa Marlene will give you that sense of staying at a Mexican home — from traditional furniture to deliciously served breakfast and friendly staff who will go the extra mile to chat with you about the many things you can do and see in Valladolid.
- 🏊 Lovely garden courtyard and swimming pool
- 🛏️ Large and comfortable rooms
- 📍 Convenient location in the middle of the city
15. Casa Quetzal Boutique Hotel (Traditional House and Courtyard)
Hotel Website | Hotel Phone: +52 985 856 4796 | 👉 Check Prices for Casa Quetzal Boutique Hotel on Booking
Casa Quetzal Boutique Hotel is a traditional colonial Mexican style house that has lush courtyard gardens and a lovely pool area. If you’re looking for a bed and breakfast style hotel in Valladolid, you’ll love it here.
It is located on a quiet street near a convent where you can opt to watch a light show at night. You can even get an exceptional massage service for some well-deserved rest and relaxation.
- 🌴 Oasis-like ambiance
- 🏊♀️ Large swimming pool
- ⭐ Highly-rated by guests
16. Ecotel Quinta Regia (Great for Families)
Hotel Website | Hotel Phone: +52 985 856 3472 | 👉 Check Prices for Ecotel Quinta Regia Hotel on Booking
The Ecotel Quinta Regia is a large hotel that has around 110 rooms in total. It is set in a colonial architectural style where you take a stroll on its beautiful garden grounds. It has a tennis court if you’re up for some sports activities, a swimming pool where you can bring out your inner kid and a giant palapa where you can relax and chill around.
- 🏊♀️ Kids will love the pool
🛎️ Super friendly staff
- 🍽️ Onsite Mexican Restaurant
17. Casa San Roque (Mid-Range Modern Hotel)
Casa San Roque is located around half a block from Valladolid’s main square, which makes it a great location as it’s just a walking distance to the many sites that you can visit throughout Valladolid.
Take a swim in the well-appointed pool at the back if you want to beat the heat. You can also take a stroll and snap some pictures around the beautiful garden.
- 💑 Great for mid-range couple travelers
- ✨ Clean modern rooms
- 🍽️ Good breakfast and amenities
18. Hotel Casa Rosario (Budget Hotel)
Hotel Phone: +52 985 856 2548 | 👉 Check Prices for Hotel Casa Rosario on Booking
Hotel Casa Rosario is a great accommodation option if you’re just looking for an affordable place to stay the night that is comfortable, clean, and well located. The rooms and amenities are basic, but it’s a very functional and modern hotel at a budget price. Hotel Casa Rosario offers clean rooms and comfortable beds and is just a 5-10 minute walk from the center. They serve toast and snacks together with coffee in the morning for free. Overall, Hotel Casa Rosario is a really great option for families on a budget, or anyone else looking to save some coin without sacrificing location and cleanliness.
- 🏊 Small but delightful garden pool
- 📍 Excellent location close to everything
- ✨ Very clean rooms at an affordable price
19. Hotel Casa Bamboo (Budget Hotel with Pool)
Hotel Phone: +52 985 856 1324 | 👉 Check Best Prices on Booking.com
If you are looking for a well-located 2 star hotel in Valladolid that has a pool, Hotel Casa Bamboo is a great budget-friendly option. It’s located just a block from the ADO Bus Station, and just around the corner from my favorite restaurant in Valladolid Burrito Amor. The rooms are basic, but large and comfortable. And Hotel Casa Bamboo sports a nice little plunge pool perfect for taking a dip. Overall, it’s a great Valladolid accommodation option for backpackers and budget travelers.
- 📍 Located near the ADO Bus Station
- 💵 Large but affordable rooms
- 🏊 Nice dipping pool in the courtyard
20. Hotel Hacienda Margot (Budget Hotel in Valladolid)
Hotel Phone: +52 985 856 2596 | 👉 Check Prices for Hotel Hacienda Margot on Booking
Another affordable option for where to stay in Valladolid is the Hotel Hacienda Margot. It has spacious rooms, a small pool, and an open kitchen area. You’ll also be given a warm welcome by their friendly staff. The only downside is that they are quite far from the center but they offer free bike rental and secured parking for your car. Overall, it’s a well-kept local hacienda.
21. Hostel Candelaria (Top Valladolid Hostel)
Considered as the best hostel in Valladolid, Hostel Candelaria has a very colorful design that really gives that Mexican feel and vibe. Hostel Candelaria has a nice public rooftop which is a good place to make friends while backpacking in Valladolid. You can also choose to chill out in the kitchen area before or after a day trip or enjoy their delicious breakfast. It’s a great place to stay in Valladolid for backpackers and solo travelers!
- 🎨 Awesome colorful décor
🚴♂️ Bike rental
- 🍻 Large public areas for socializing
22. Hotel Casa Margarita (Modern Budget Guesthouse)
Hotel Phone: +52 967 678 7266 | 👉 Check Prices for Hotel Casa Margarita on Booking
The Hotel Casa Margarita is conveniently located if you plan to explore the city by foot. This mid-ranged guesthouse has clean and spacious double rooms starting at just $25 USD per night including breakfast. The free wifi is decent too, at least in the common areas.
The first place I ever stayed in Valladolid, it’s definitely a great deal – which is why it is one of my personal favorite hotels in Valladolid, Mexico. If you have extra time to spare, I highly recommend you to chill out in their gorgeous pool area.
👉 Read Next: Where to Stay in Puerto Vallarta
23. Hostel Tunich Naj (Popular Valladolid Hostel)
One of the most popular hostels in the colonial city of Valladolid, Mexico, Tunich Naj is a colorful hostel offering up breakfast and some great public spaces for chilling out. Hostel Tunich Naj also offers bike rentals if you’d prefer to ride a bike while exploring the city instead of walking. Overall, a perfect place to stay in that offers a great value for your money.
✨ Read All My Guides to the Best Hotels in Mexico:
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- Tulum Hotels
- Mexico City Hotels
- Puerto Vallarta Hotels
- San Miguel de Allende Hotels
FAQs About Where to Stay in Valladolid, Mexico
Which hotels in Valladolid are good for families?
What are the best cheap hotels in Valladolid?
That’s it for this guide to where to stay in Valladolid. After booking your hotel, be sure to check out my Ultimate Guide to Valladolid to help plan your trip.
And also be sure to read these other helpful articles for your Mexico trip:
- 17 Tips for Traveling to Mexico
- Do You Need Travel Insurance for Mexico?
- 33 Best Things to do in Mexico
Travel frequently? Be sure to check out all our guides to the best hotels and places to stay in destinations around the world:
- Mexico City Hotels
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- San Miguel de Allende Hotels
- Denver Hotels
- Tulum Hotels
- Winnipeg Hotels
Help us help you travel better!
Your feedback really helps ...
What did you like about this post? Or how can we improve it to help you travel better?