Here’s the deal: I personally scoped out dozens of the best hotels in Valladolid Mexico to build this epic guide to exactly where to stay in Valladolid for every type of traveler.
70 countries later, Valladolid, Mexico is among my favorite places on the planet. A couple years ago, I even got the entire town to help me make this quick video showing off why the colonial town is so special:
I hope that made you excited for your trip! Now let’s find you a hotel:
No time to read up on all 18 Valladolid hotels? Here are four “can’t-miss” quicks:
- 🛏️ Best Boutique Hotel – Hotel Posada San Juan
- ✨ Best Luxury Hotel – Hotel Zentik Project
- 👪 Best Family Hotel – Meson del Marques
- 🛎️ Best Mid-range Hotel – Casa San Roque
Disclosure: Travel Lemming is an independent reader-supported blog. You can support my work by purchasing through the affiliate links on this page, which may earn a commission for this site. Thank you!
18 Best Valladolid Mexico Hotels
Valladolid is a small compact town, which means that just about anywhere is the best area to stay in Valladolid (you can actually walk the length of the entire town). From high end luxury resorts to historic boutique hotels, you’ll find it all in Valladolid. And the best part is that they are all incredibly affordable!
1. Hotel Posada San Juan (Historic Boutique Hotel)
I love this quaint little place. Hotel Posada San Juan is where I personally stayed during my most recent trip to Valladolid (courtesy of the hotel) and is definitely one of the most popular and the highest rated hotels in Valladolid.
Hotel Posada San Juan is set inside this old Spanish colonial style building, has a cute pool and graden in the courtyard and comes with a great breakfast in the morning. If you’re looking for an authentic Mexican experience, this is where to stay in Valladolid.
- 🛏️ Comfortable and well-styled rooms
- 🎨 Located in one of Valladolid’s prettiest streets, featuring beautiful and colorful walls
- 👚 Adorable boutique gift shop at the front that has all sorts of local crafts and clothing for sale
2. Le Muuch Hotel (Tulum-Style in Valladolid)
If you’re looking for a little bit of luxury and style, then the Le Muuch Hotel definitely won’t disappoint.
It recently opened this 2019 with very well-designed modern furniture and swanky design that feels like the boho chic hotels in Tulum. Le Muuch’s rooms are named after different places in Mexico. Some suites even have private jacuzzis! It also has two separate pools — the one at the front is near a stylish bar where you can chill out and have a few drinks.
- 📸 Most Instagrammable hotel in Valladolid
- 💑 A great hotel for couples or honeymooners
- 🧹 Super clean and comfortable rooms
3. Hotel Zentik Project (Best Luxury Hotel + Cave Pool!)
One of the most unique luxury hotels I’ve seen is the uber stylish Hotel Zentik Project. It’s an ecological retreat with this absolutely incredible saline cave pool at the bottom of the hotel. Yes, seriously – there is a cave you can swim in right in the hotel!
Zentik Project is also filled with tons of Mayan artwork commissioned by local artists, which really gives it a nice Bohemian vibe. Believe it or not, it even has a nudist area! Don’t worry, it’s pretty unobtrusive if that’s not your thing.
- 🤩 Unbelievably unique cave pool
- 🏊 Hammocks over 2nd above-ground pool
- 🎨 Incredible local artwork
4. Hotel Meson del Marques (Perfect Valladolid Hotel for Families)
One of the nicer hotels just north of Valladolid’s main square, the Hotel Meson del Marques is probably the most popular place to stay in Valladolid. It has both public and private balconies that look out over the square where you’ll love the rooftop views of the cathedral.
Meson del Marque also has a restaurant you definitely need to visit and try out even if you’re not staying in the hotel. The breakfast is highly rated.
- ⛪ Historic ambiance
- 👀 Rooftop cathedral views
📍 Best location in town
- 🏊 Large swimming pool
5. Casa Hipil (Valladolid Hotel for Style on a Budget)
A great budget to mid-range option (rooms start at $25/night) is Casa Hipil which is conveniently located near the main square. Casa Hipil has a nice communal kitchen, classic Mexican-style rooms, and lovely garden area. The large upstairs suite makes this Valladolid hotel perfect for families as well. The kids will definitely have a great time playing in the small plunge pool.
- 🧹 Comfortable and super clean beds
- 😀 Relaxed ambiance and super friendly staff
- 📍 Great location
✨Pro tip: ✨ Headed to the Mayan ruins at Chichen Itza? Don’t miss my rundown of the best Chichen Itza tours.
6. Cenotes Cabanas Suytun (Best Place to Stay for Cenotes)
These cabanas are super interesting to stay in because they are located right next to the very famous Suytun Cenote (Yep! That one cenote you see all over Instagram and Pinterest).
Staying here will give you access to the cenote when there aren’t a ton of crowds. Do note that it’s 6 km outside of the main town so it’s best you have your own car or some other means of transport.
- ✔️ Very basic but clean rooms
- 🏊♀️ Set around a nice pool just a short walk from the cenote
- 🍽️ Breakfast included
7. Casa Tia Micha (Colonial Style Valladolid Hotel)
It may look unassuming at first glance, but wait until you get inside the Casa Tia Micha. Fall in love with the colonial style at this boutique hotel, whose atmosphere is so cute you could practically eat it up with a spoon. Enjoy their delicious breakfast in the courtyard come morning time. What’s more, this beautiful hidden oasis is conveniently located in the city center.
- 🙋♂️ Great friendly staff
- 🌿 Beautiful lush gardens
- ☮️ Peaceful and relaxing ambiance
8. Casa Marlene (Best Vintage Valladolid Hotel)
If you’re someone who’s fond of vintage or antique design and décor, then this boutique Valladolid hotel will be right up your alley. Casa Marlene will give you that sense of staying at a Mexican home — from traditional furniture to deliciously served breakfast and friendly staff who will go the extra mile to chat with you about the many things you can do and see in Valladolid.
- 🏊 Lovely garden courtyard and swimming pool
- 🛏️ Large and comfortable rooms
- 📍 Convenient location in the middle of the city
9. Colonté Hotel Origen (Modern Hotel in Valladolid Mexico)
Opting for a more modern and simpler design, Colonté Hotel Origen exudes a cozy and relaxing ambiance with a touch of luxury. Take a dip in the pool or chill out at the bar right next to it. Overall, it is a great hotel with lovely rooms, a beautiful garden, and delicious breakfast. You might even have a hammock hanging in your room.
10. Casa Quetzal Boutique Hotel (Traditional House and Courtyard)
Casa Quetzal Boutique Hotel is a traditional colonial Mexican style house that has lush courtyard gardens and a lovely pool area.
It is located on a quiet street near a convent where you can opt to watch a light show at night. You can even get an exceptional massage service for some well-deserved rest and relaxation.
- 🌴 Oasis-like ambiance
- 🏊♀️ Large swimming pool
- ⭐ Highly-rated by guests
11. Ecotel Quinta Regia (Great for Families)
The Ecotel Quinta Regia is a large hotel that has around 110 rooms in total. It is set in a colonial architectural style where you take a stroll on its beautiful garden grounds. It has a tennis court if you’re up for some sports activities, a swimming pool where you can bring out your inner kid and a giant palapa where you can relax and chill around.
- 🏊♀️ Kids will love the pool
🛎️ Super friendly staff
- 🍽️ Onsite Mexican Restaurant
12. Casa San Roque (Mid-Range Modern Hotel)
Casa San Roque is located around half a block from Valladolid’s main square, which makes it a great location as it’s just a walking distance to the many sites that you can visit throughout Valladolid (be sure to grab some gelato at Wabi next door too!).
Take a swim in the well-appointed pool at the back if you want to beat the heat. You can also take a stroll and snap some pictures around the beautiful garden.
- 💑 Great for mid-range couple travelers
- ✨ Clean modern rooms
- 🍽️ Good breakfast and amenities
13. Quinta Marciala Hotel (Stylish Budget Hotel)
A great affordable hotel in Valladolid for families or couples on a budget, Quinta Marciala Hotel is located just a few blocks outside downtown Valladolid. You’ll find a charming courtyard and a small swimming pool, making it one of the best hotels in Valladolid for couples traveling on a budget.
- 🧹 Comfortable and clean beds
- 👪 Run by a friendly local family (say hi to Noe for me!)
🏊♀️ Hammock hanging over the pool
14. Hotel Casa Rosario (Basic Modern Hotel)
Hotel Casa Rosario is a great option if you’re just looking for a place to stay the night. Though the rooms and amenities are quite basic, it’s a very functional and modern hotel at a budget price. Hotel Casa Rosario offers clean rooms and comfortable beds and is just a 5-10 minute walk from the center. If you’re not finicky about breakfast, they serve toast and snacks together with coffee in the morning for free.
15. Hotel Hacienda Margot (Budget Hotel in Valladolid)
Another affordable option for where to stay in Valladolid is the Hotel Hacienda Margot. It has spacious rooms, a small pool, and an open kitchen area. You’ll also be given a warm welcome by their friendly staff. The only downside is that they are quite far from the center but they offer free bike rental and secured parking for your car. Overall, it’s a well-kept local hacienda.
16. Hostel Candelaria (Top Valladolid Hostel)
Considered as the best hostel in Valladolid, Hostel Candelaria has a very colorful design that really gives that Mexican feel and vibe. Hostel Candelaria has a nice public rooftop which is a good place to make friends while backpacking in Valladolid. You can also choose to chill out in the kitchen area before or after a day trip or enjoy their delicious breakfast.
- 🎨 Awesome colorful décor
🚴♂️ Bike rental
- 🍻 Large public areas for socializing
17. Hotel Casa Margarita (Modern Budget Guesthouse)
The Hotel Casa Margarita is conveniently located if you plan to explore the city by foot. This mid-ranged guesthouse has clean and spacious double rooms starting at just $25 USD per night including breakfast.
The first place I ever stayed in Valladolid, it’s definitely a great deal – which is why it is one of my personal favorite hotels in Valladolid, Mexico. If you have extra time to spare, I highly recommend you to chill out in their gorgeous pool area.
18. Hostel Tunich Naj (Popular Valladolid Hostel)
One of the most popular hostels in Valladolid, Mexico, Tunich Naj is a colorful hostel offering up breakfast and some great public spaces for chilling out. They also have bike rentals if you’d prefer to ride a bike while exploring the city instead of walking. Overall, a perfect place to stay in that offers a great value for your money.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which hotels in Valladolid are good for families?
What are the best cheap hotels in Valladolid?
After booking your hotel, be sure to check out my Ultimate Guide to Valladolid to help plan your trip.
And also be sure to read these other helpful articles for your Mexico trip:
- 17 Tips for Traveling to Mexico
- Do You Need Travel Insurance for Mexico?
- 33 Best Things to do in Mexico
Oh, and be sure to pin this on Pinterest for later: