Super useful and totally free travel guides to Argentina
- 🏙️ Destinations
- ✨ Things to Do
- 🗓️ Best Time to Visit
- ⚠️ Safety
- 👉 Tips
- 🧳 What to Pack
- 📰 Argentina Travel Guides
Why We Love Argentina – From the mountains of Patagonia to the streets of Buenos Aires to the falls in the jungle at Iguazu, Argentina packs virtually every possible kind of travel destination into one country! You’ll probably start your journey in Buenos Aires, easily the most cosmopolitan city in South America. To the south, the mountains and fields of Patagonia are calling. Or head north and witness the gush of the famous Iguazu Falls, or take in the untouched night sky in the desert near Salta. Whatever you do, get read for the adventure of a lifetime in Argentina.
Best of Argentina
From some of the world’s best cities to some of its best hiking, Argentina offers a diversity of interesting places to visit. Some of the best destinations to go in Argentina include:
- Iguazu Falls – much taller than Niagra and twice as wide, plan your Iguazu Falls itinerary now!
- Buenos Aires – the country’s capital is one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world. Don’t miss the restaurant scene in Palermo!
- Ushuaia – the town at the end of the world is also the most popular launching point for cruises to Antarctica.
- Mendoza – wine lovers will be at home in Mendoza, but Argentina’s second city has much more to offer.
- San Carlos de Bariloche – a popular hiking destination in summer and home to some of the most beautiful nature in Argentina, Bariloche is one of the most popular destinations in Patagonia.
✨ Things to Do
Whether you’re looking for culture, food, or just to get out into nature, you’ll find so many fun and interesting things to do in Argentina. Some of the most popular sites and activities in Argentina include:
- Trekking in Patagonia – you’ll need to come prepared, but Patagonia’s otherworldly scenery is worth the effort.
- Tango Shows – it may seem touristy, but it’s worth it to take in one of Puerto Madero’s famous tango shows.
- Garganta del Diablo – the “devil’s throat” is one of several enormous falls on the Argentinian side of Iguazu Falls.
- Perito Moreno Glacier – you can stand on a platform and literally watch this incredible glacier calving ice!
- Buenos Aires Restaurant Scene – dinner is serious business in Argentina, and the best place to experience this is by booking a table at one of Palermo’s many restaurants.
Argentina Travel Advice
🗓️ Best Time to Visit
If you’re planning a trip to Southern Argentina, then the best time to visit would be between the months of December to March. If your destination is Northern Argentina, you should visit between September to November or March to May.
Argentina is a country where it’s mostly safe for tourists to travel to. The biggest thing you’ll have to watch out for is the high rate of petty robbery. As long as you don’t flaunt your gadgets and keep important items such as cash and documents safe away from sight, you’ll mostly be fine. Additionally, make sure to check the latest US State Department travel advisories for your destination.
🤓 Facts & Info
- Population – 45.4 million
- Capital – Buenos Aires
- Currency – Argentine Peso ($1 = ~68.43 pesos)
- Language – Spanish
- Plugs – Type I, 220V / 50Hz.
💵 Budgeting & Money
Major establishments take debit/credit cards, but smaller-scale accommodations, tourist sites and restaurants may only take cash. ATMs widely available.
📰 Argentina Travel Guides
Getting planning your trip to Argentina with all our Argentina travel guides: